This is one of those tools that only specific workers need. If you’re a linesman, do post and rail fences, plumbing/HVAC – any job requiring large holes in timber regularly – you need this. The rest of us just wish we needed it.
This tool is an M18 FUEL unit, meaning that it is brushless, and (by experience) that it packs a wallop.
Specs are as follows:
- Model: M18CHIDH716 | 2765-22
- Max Torque: 677 Nm | 500 ft lbs
- Anvil type: 7/16” HEX quick change
- Speed: 0-1,200 RPM / 0-1,700 Rpm
- Weight: 3.5kgs | 7.7 lbs with battery
- Length: 222mm | 8.75 inches
It has a variable speed trigger and electric brake. It just coasts through a 57mm hole in our weathered cypress pine post.
What else is there to say? If you need one, you’ll love it, it’s a beast. At AU$450 for a skin, you won’t probably won’t buy one to build your kids a cubby house.
OZ Tool Talk approves.