Cordless outdoor tools

If you're in the industry, this is for you. If you aren't, try the domestic board.
maddog87

Cordless outdoor tools

Post by maddog87 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi Guys
I am looking at getting myself a range of cordless outdoor tools. I was looking at Stihl or Husqvarna, but then I found your reviews of the Ego range. How do you find them still holding up it the time after your videos?
They are a bit cheaper than the big two brands. Also, how did the AEG go?
I am mainly interested in the brushcutter/line trimmer and the chainsaws.
Cheers
Morgan

Dex

Re: Cordless outdoor tools

Post by Dex » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Right off the bat, iv never used electric so i can't touch on that note personally.

When i was doing yard maintenance full time all my stuff was STIHL since i was using it all day i didn't have to worry about charging anything each vehicle carried fuel mixed and not so if a piece of equipment failed you could drop off your spare to another worker if needed. Its just quality stuff we did all our own maintenance and never had anything "catastrophically fail" unless it was 10 years old with over X amount of hours used to expectation. Now that i think about it their two stroke blowers arn't flash.

The OTT guys are saying i should give the electric stuff a go, id love to see a "lawnie" give electric stuff a go for a full day and see if he needs solar panels on his car to charge stuff would save on the fuel and mixing expense and a lot cleaner for break downs etc.

If you can use the gear for a full day without charging id be looking at that with interest.
Software Engineer | Kawasaki Rider | Pool Technician | Professional Tinkerer

vr_driver

Post by vr_driver » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:39 pm

I've always wondered about the oil factor with the electric stuff... I know that when you use a tank of fuel, typically, you'd fill up with bar oil too. Are the electric ones the same? Use a battery, fill the oil chamber?
I have a photographic memory with no film.
~ Just call me Steve.

Dex

Post by Dex » Wed May 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Never even considered the whole oiling of electric garden tools, Not that its really relevant but I found this in my research I wonder what makes it different.
Software Engineer | Kawasaki Rider | Pool Technician | Professional Tinkerer